Sunday, September 12, 2010

Turtle Power!

 I think this dream well depicts the fact that every dream doesn't necessarily hold some deep meaning about a person's inner most desires as Freud would have us believe. 


I found myself in an old house in a dark neighborhood. Then the Ninja Turtles showed up. They were, of course, fighting Shredder. My dad was also at the house and he was giving me advice on techniques to fight along side the Ninja Turtles. The house was one of those old houses from movies that has a lot of antiques and I went upstairs to find the 3rd Ninja Turtles movie because my dad said it would help me and the Ninja Turtles beat Shredder (yes the 3rd movie where they go back in time to Japan and no I do not like it). Not like watching would give us some insight, but that the actual movie held special powers. 


Cowabunga!
I was looking for the movie for a while when Leonardo showed up with the movie. I knew that he had gone over to Shredder's side and was now a "bad guy". I love how sometimes in dreams you just know something that seems kind of ridiculous. No one has to say that it happened, you just know it.


Leonardo had put on a red headband to try to make everyone think that it was Raphael, not he that had switched sides. He escaped the house with Shredder (another great thing about dreams is that people just show up and you don't question it) and on their way out they opened a trans dimensional vortex right in the roof of the house and evil creatures started to come out. 

Aligned with the remaining three turtles we took on the creatures. The one I remember coming out was a mechanical rhino that we grabbed by the horn and threw out the window with some ease. The whole time we were fighting the Ninja Turtles were making corny jokes just like in the cartoons from the 80's and, feeling like I was one of them I joined in the humor (sadly I don't remember any of these jokes, but I am sure they are priceless). We then went chasing after Shredder. The dream ended with us running through a shopping mall being chased by the creatures that came out of the vortex.


This is one of my favorite dreams that incorporates many typical aspects of a dream: People appearing from nowhere, being relocated as the plot of the dream continues, being chased, and me just knowing something even though it wasn't ever voiced.


Why did I have this dream? I probably watched Ninja Turtles in the days preceding it or had been thinking about the turtles that Abby and I have as pets.

1 comment:

  1. Think of Ninja Turtles 3 as a metaphor for the church, and it will all make sense. Of course no one really likes it while it's going, but it has magical powers. Also, the Ninja Turtles are important people in your life...I'm not sure who Leonardo is, but I'm pretty sure that Donatello is a metaphor for your turtle Donatello.

    ReplyDelete