Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dracula dreams

Wait, so the title doesn't mean that the character Dracula has dreams, just that I was dreaming about Dracula. Well, maybe Dracula does dream, but that's not what this blog is about. I don't know.

I had been reading the book Dracula and a lot of my dreams were about vampires, which just goes to show that a lot of what you dream about at night is simply what has been going through your mind during the day.

I was sent to Russia on an assignment to find a vampire there. I really didn't want to go. During the dream as I was in Russia I did not know what I was there looking for. When I came back everyone at work was asking me what I saw there. I was answering their questions with very little enthusiasm still unaware that I had been sent to look for a vampire.

Someone else from my work had gone to Russia after me and he started talking to me about how he thought it was very obvious that there was a vampire there. We saw similar things that would denote a vampire present (according to the book Dracula). When I realized that he was saying a vampire had been there I was embarrassed that I had not put the clues together. I became very enthusiastic about recalling what I had seen in an effort to hide the fact that I hadn't realized what I had been looking for. My colleague told me about how the vampire attacked a man there and that man disappeared.

The dream cut to a scene of me and my mom going out to dinner. We were eating outside under a large tent and it was raining. A smoke cloud emerged from the forest near the tent and the vampire came out of the cloud. All of a sudden my colleague from earlier was there and we chased the vampire away. This is when the dream ended.

There are a couple things I would like to note about this dream. It came about because I had been reading Dracula NOT Twilight. Also, looking back on it I think its kind of odd because I am usually the one being chased in my dreams not the one doing the chasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment