Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I didn't do it?

I had this dream on Monday night.

The dream starts out with me, Abby and another guy hiking in the hills. The 3rd guy was familiar to me in the dream, but I didn't recognize his face. The next thing I remember was a rock hit this kid in the back of the neck and knocked him out. I may have thrown the rock, and I spent the whole dream trying to figure out if I really did or not.
Abby and I both freaked out and I carried him to my parents house. I thought he was dead and I remember trying to feel for a pulse, but there was nothing there. He also wasn't breathing. We took him upstairs in my parents house. The house looked like a big donut with just one round room and the stairs in the middle of the room.

Upstairs I called for help, but I didn't call 911. The people I got ahold of were very unhelpful. For a while it seemed like they just wanted to calm me down, but I got more and more frustrated as they wouldn't send anyone over to help. At one point I yelled, "Just send..." but the lady on the other line interrupted me and said, "What? a shovel so you can bury him? It'll be 30 min before we can get an ambulance there." At this point my jaw dropped and I went downstairs to tell everyone what happened.

My mom was downstairs putting dishes into the dishwasher. She didn't seemed surprised by what I was telling her. Then Abby came downstairs and told me to come back up. The kid was alive and pretty groggy. He asked what happened and I told him that he got hit in the back of the neck with a rock. I didn't tell him I threw it although I was still unsure if I had thrown it. I felt really sorry. We went to a party at someone else's house and the whole time I wanted to tell him that I was the one that threw the rock, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. That is when I remember the dream ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment