Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lucid dreaming

I had my first experience with lucid dreaming this week. Lucid dreaming is where you are dreaming and you know you are dreaming so you have some control over the dream. There are entire books on how to be able to dream lucidly. I remember as a kid my friend would tell me that he did it a lot. I have wanted to for a long time. How cool would it be to fly? Unfortunately, I wouldn't say my first experience was entirely successful.

In my dream I was playing baseball. A player on the other team slid into home plate and the umpire called him out. The player argued with the ump and the decision was reversed. I started arguing with the ump because he's not supposed to just reverse his call when a player whines. My temper rose and I started kicking things and throwing equipment all over the baseball diamond. A couple guys on the other team tried to get me to stop, but I refused. More and more people surrounded me.

Straight out of the Ninja Turtles movie
Towards the end there were 4 guys standing in front of me holding baseball bats and looking like they were going to hit me with them. I really wanted to get past them. I wasn't afraid of them I was just frustrated that they were blocking my way. All of a sudden I realized I was dreaming and decided to just run past them because they wouldn't be able to hurt me. As I past the ball players one of the hit me in the back of the head with his bat and I blacked out. Blacking out changed the dream and I don't remember what the second dream was about. I should've remembered to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment