Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Law and Order

Dun dun (you know, the music at the beginning of the episode).

In my opinion Ice-T stands above the rest
Abby and I were at a lake house. She was hanging out with this, like, wives club and all the other wives were kinda weird, like from a bad TV show. I walked into a room where there were 2 cops talking to a girl in the middle of the room. They were investigating some kind of crime and yes it was Detective Stabler and Ice-T (honestly he deserves some sort of best actor award) from Law and Order: SVU. To complete the scene the back wall of the room was lined with people dressed head to toe in black, kinda like ninjas.

Ice-T pulled each "ninja" into the center of the room and they each did some sort of dance that was supposed to help us solve the crime. After they did their dance they took off their mask so we could see their faces. Then Detective Stabler left the room and I was freaking out that I wouldn't be able to keep everyone in the room. I held a broom in front of the door to keep everyone in. Then some lady came up to me and said I couldn't legally hold them there and everyone left.

The scene cut to me walking around the house at night. The suspects ("ninjas") started following me around real creepy like. It was like a zombie movie where everyone is chasing you in slow-mo. They all had pieces of evidence. I started following a lady carrying rocks. She set them down next to the house and when I went to pick them up all the suspects started coming at me. I started to run away. I had to hit some of them with the rocks to get through the crowd. I ran inside still holding the rocks and everyone coming after me. That's when I woke up (stupid alarm).

I'll start my attempt at interpreting by noting that I watched like 5 hours of Law and Order: SVU with Abby yesterday. No surprise where the detectives came from, then. Usually in every episode they try to hold some suspect as long as they can and some lawyer tells them that's illegal, so that explains that part. Next, I swear every episode takes place at night.

Yes we would like some candy...
Mobs surrounding me seem to pop up more frequently as of late. I'm not sure if being chased necessarily has a meaning or if its just the brain's way of creating a situation that makes me anxious. I have read that the part of the brain that makes you anxious or scared works more at night which explains why a lot of people say they have dreams of being chased. I found a dream dictionary online. Let's see what it says.

This (being chased) can represent a feeling or fear of: persecution, hostility, aggression, criticism, etc. by another person or by "people in general." It can also represent real-life situation where you feel your boundaries have been crossed or your integrity has been compromised.

Being victimized by a gang or mob can mean you're feeling overwhelmed or taken advantage of by a particular situation in your life, or you are feeling powerless.

I don't really agree with dream dictionaries. I don't think you can put one definition to every little thing you encounter in a dream. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think that you just wish you were Ice-T.

    or

    that you wish you could get out of ASBC, but can't.

    ReplyDelete